At CareFlex, we take our responsibility as a specialist seating provider seriously and recognise that appropriate training is the key to ensuring correct, safe and supportive seating. Which is why we are pleased to announce our brand new training course 'The Importance of Specialist Seating in Pressure Care and Postural Management'. It has been developed to help you improve your knowledge and confidence with specialist seating.
The course includes hands-on workshops to demonstrate why seating is so important to maintain good posture and how to select the right type of chair to meet the client’s need.
Courses will be presented by Rebecca Dunstall MCSP BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy. Rebecca has considerable knowledge and experience in the challenges of posture and pressure management
1. Understand the importance of pressure care and postural management
2. Understand the role of specialist seating within pressure care and postural management
3. Be able to describe the impact of seating on comfort and function
4. Understand the long term value of appropriate seating
5. Identify common challenges relating to sitting posture through good assessment techniques
and how to address these common challenges
6. Be able to support funding requests for specialist seating
The course is free to attend and qualifies as part of your CPD – you will receive a certificate of attendance and a learning pack. Registration starts at 8.30am with training from 9:00am – 3.30pm. A buffet lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Check back here for more dates as they are released.
|24th Aug 2017||The Importance of Specialist Seating in Pressure Care and Postural Management, Perth, Perthshire||Places available|
|14th Sep 2017||A Hands-on Specialist Seating Workshop, Liverpool, Merseyside||Places available|
|19th Oct 2017||A Hands-on Specialist Seating Workshop, Manchester, Greater Manchester||Places available|
For more information, call 0800 018 6440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Seating Posture and Pressure Care Management – The EssentialsBook Now