The Importance of Specialist Seating in Postural Management and Pressure Care CPD Training:
At CareFlex, we take our responsibility as a specialist seating provider seriously and recognise that training is the key to ensuring appropriate and successful seating as part of an individual’s 24 hour postural management and pressure care programme. Our courses have been developed by our Clinical Specialist, Rebecca Dunstall MCSP BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy, to improve your competence and confidence with assessing, prescribing and using specialist seating. Rebecca has considerable experience in the challenges of postural management and pressure care.
The courses are a mix of theory and practical hands-on sessions full of useful hints and tips to help you understand how and why specialist seating has such a significant impact on quality of life. The courses can also be tailored to specific learning needs. Courses are free to attend and qualify as part of your CPD – you will receive a certificate of attendance and a learning pack. It is not a sales pitch. Example learning outcomes include:
- Appreciate the importance of postural management and pressure care
- Understand the role of specialist seating within postural management and pressure care
- Be able to describe the impact of seating on quality of life
- Be able to Identify common challenges through good assessment techniques
- Understand how to address common challenges with appropriate seating prescription
- Be able to justify and support funding requests for specialist seating
To find out when the next study days are, please check our events page for dates. This page is updated as and when new dates and venues are released.
*Video above taken at a CareFlex session @OTAC Midlands.